A wedding slide show adds an intimate and sentimental touch to any wedding. Normally featuring pictures of the bride and groom throughout the years set to music, a wedding slideshow tends to leave few dry eyes in the room. Slideshows are becoming increasingly common features of modern weddings. If you'd like to add one to your own wedding, it isn't difficult to do.
- 1 Prepare for your slideshow at least a month before your wedding. This will give you the time to locate all of your old photographs and choose the ones you want to include in the show.
- 2 Sit down with your prospective bride or groom to discuss the kind of pictures you want to include in your slideshow. Some couples focus one part of the slideshow on pictures of the bride, another part on pictures of the groom and a third part on pictures of the two of them as a couple. Other couples mix all of their photos up randomly.
- 3 Choose a song to play with your slideshow. The song should be one that has a special significance to the two of you as a couple.
- 4 Pay close attention to how long the song is. The length of the song will help you determine how many pictures to choose for the slideshow. Generally, no more than 5 seconds should be spent on any one picture in the slide show. Make sure you choose enough pictures to cover the entire length of the song at 5 seconds per picture.
- 5 Select a good mix of pictures of the two of you at different ages. You want to include baby pictures, pictures from your early childhoods, photos of your teenage years and photos of your adult years up until the time you met each other. You also want a dozen or more photos of the two of you as a couple at different periods of your courtship.
- 6 Scan your photographs into your computer and burn them onto a CD. You'll use this CD to play the slideshow at your wedding.
- 7 Prepare the equipment to play your slideshow. The most common way to do this is to hook a laptop computer up to a projector. You'll need a screen to show the slideshow on, as well as a CD player to play your song during the show.